This is a plus-sized Victorian overbust corset I made for a friend. It has drab green dupioni silk cover material, flossing, lacing panel, and originally a split metal busk. In 2014 the busk ended up broken, so I decided to repair the corset by creating an entirely different closure, steampunk inspired. I cut off the busk area and bound the front edges. Then I riveted a copper plate from the plumbing department of the hardware store to a leather panel, edged it with brass crimps, and riveted all of it to one side of the corset. I riveted picture frame hangers, offset, to the leather and to the other side of the corset, so I could use parachute cord to close the front of the corset. It is backed with a hidden boned pocket for extra stability, since the copper plate is rather soft.
Additional details on the repair process can be found on the blog entry Replacing a Broken Busk the Unconventional Way.