I stole some time to upload these photos and update my blog. The ribbon corset is finished now. I won’t be taking nice photos of it laced onto something until after the move is finished.
Continuing from the previous post, I inserted and stitched the boning in place. I also grommetted the back. Normally I wait to grommet until after edging, but it worked out to be more convenient to grommet this one when I was grommeting the tea stained corsets I finished last week.
Then I trimmed the edges of the pink panels, taking care not to trim the ribbons.
Then I added edging, as with any other corset. In this case the edging material is bias-cut pink silk, same as the cover material.
After the edging was added, I attached the backing bone for the double-busk and added more quilting stitches to the busk panels on both sides.
Photos of the finished corset before adding the bow.
Final photos after adding the bow. I am a little concerned that it might be too bulky, but we’ll find out when the customer has a chance to examine it in person. Each of the loops is a separate piece, so I can easily pull the bow apart and re-make it with fewer loops.
That’s all for now. After I have some good photos with the corset on something, and a little spare time, I’ll write up the tutorial version of this blog.