Further progress on the blackwork embroidered forehead cloth. I have now done approximately one-and-one-half repetitions of the pattern, out of roughly eight total. I started the embroidery using Soie Ovale, which I had on hand, but knew I had nowhere near enough to finish the piece. Instead of ordering more of the same, I decided to order the flat silk from the Japanese Embroidery Center. The first difference I noticed is that the Japanese silk does not retain a curled shape when unwound from the spool. It is a much finer quality, with fewer, or possibly just much thinner and more delicate strands. The total thickness is about 2/3 that of the Soie Ovale, which I actually like better on this design because it means the stitches do not become overcrowded from plumpness when shading the strawberries. From a distance the difference in the two it is not immediately noticeable, but I do regret that the transition happened at the center front of the forehead cloth, which is the most visible portion when worn.